minimal oracle installation

From: Jan van Veldhuizen <jvv_at_ontarget.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:30:33 +0200

How can I do a minimal installation of Oracle? I have version 9i. When I do a standard setup, it takes almost 2Gb!! And a database takes 800Mb, and it is still empty!! This is crazy. When I start the db server my used memory increases to more than 300Mb...

I am developing an application that uses a SQL2000 database. But I want to make it db indepedent, and so it must work on Oracle as well.

What I need is only a simple Oracle database running without all Oracle fanfare (i don't want Apache, OLAP, JVM, etc). SqlPlus is enough to run my sql scripts. Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 15:30:33 CEST

Original text of this message