Probelms with using gets() function in Embedded SQL in C

From: Laloo <laloo_123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 11:25:25 -0700

Is anyone aware of the problem where the use of gets() function skips the keyboard input and the cursor does not even stop to take the input from the keyboard?

gets() seems to work fine in main() but as soon as I use this function at any other place ( in any other defined function) in my program, it skips taking the input for that variable from the keyboard and automatically jumps to the next line.

Any help or alternatives to gets() will be greatly appreciated!

FYI, I am using MSVC compiler and Oracle 9i as a database..

Thanks much! Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 20:25:25 CEST

Original text of this message