Re: Changing operating system time...

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 10:37:00 -0700

I clearly recall a UNIX admin that I worked with some years back changed the system clock and brought down all ORACLE instances running on that server. So, restarting ORACLE would be a certainty. There are other complications when you change the system clock, especially when you set it backward. You are going to have trouble doing point in time recovery should you ever need to do that. I would say do a full backup of your databases before you start changing the system time. I am not sure what would happen if you run NTPD in the background continuously. I would not recommend it though.