Changing operating system time...

From: anonymous <anonymous_at_prefer.not.to.say>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:21:34 GMT

Hi,

I need some advice wrt changing system time, underneath a running Oracle 8 or 9 database...

Is it possible to change system time significantly (ie, one month back in time) without restarting Oracle?
Can Oracle co-exist with an NTPd process continually tweaking system time? Does changing system time backwards significantly (i.e., back by a month) affect Oracle?

What little info I've been able to find suggests you might have to stop Oracle, change time, start Oracle. And I can't find anything definitive about Oracle co-existing with an NTPd.

Thanks in advance!
P.
http://www.planetsaturn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 11:21:34 CEST

Original text of this message