Re: Tablespaces and Schema Objects

From: Sagi <sag1rk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 05:45:54 -0700

"iulian" <iulian_ilies_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<oRIr9.8844$mxk1.6401_at_news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...
> Hi list. Is there any way to move the objects in a schema from a tablespace
> to another? If yes could you tell me how?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> iulian

Hi !

A few methods which i know are:
1) Export & Import
2) ALTER TABLE as told one one of our friend.

  • If this is a production environ and the table have huge data then ensure that the table is in NOLOGGING else it would generate huge REDO. If you put in NOLOGGING then ensure you get the backups done immediately as recovery would not get this because ur not logging.