Re: removing trigger/sequence from

From: Brent <bpathakis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2002 15:57:52 -0700

jriker1_at_yahoo.com (John) wrote in message news:<e6bb5a8d.0210170718.29fefa7e_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have a trigger on a table that uses a sequence to insert a unique
> number into a field. I want to remove this trigger from the database,
> but still use the sequence for a stored procedure. How do you remove
> the trigger from the table and keep the sequence intact? Thanks.
>
> JR

  Drop the trigger wouldn't direcltly affect the sequence, other than the fact that that sequence wouldn't be automatically inserted.

  You can still in a stored proc

      insert into my_table values (my_seq.nexval)

  And then call that from you app ... or use similar method in you app to get the next value from the sequence. Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 00:57:52 CEST

Original text of this message