Re: oracle install on linux

From: Sean <sean_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:38:18 GMT

Does no one here read other posts of people?

No you can not run the installer without Java.Oracle uses its own JRE (1.1.7) and if you have another Java in your path, or a classpath vairable set when you launch the install, it wont work, take java out of your path and unset the classpath.

There is no reason to rebuild the kernel to install or run Oracle unless your actualling building a machine to run a production database. And most kernels have more then enough set aside for shared memory and semaphores to accomadate a test Oracle DB