Re: URGENT -> how to get in Forms information about NT user,...

From: Zajc <zajc2_REMOVE__at_gmx.li>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:37:56 +0200

Hi!

In forms you can try:
-->maybe it is complicated but it works fine -->first you must install "d2kwutil.dll" ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/dev_tools/patchsets/dev2k/Win95NT/d2kwutil/ D2KWUTIL.PLL is a comprehensive utility containing many of functions for the Win32 environment that users ask for, which are not included in the Oracle Developer Product set by default The utility itself consists simply of a PL/SQL library (D2KWUTIL.PLL) and a Windows DLL (D2KWUT60.DLL). The utility uses the ORA_FFI package to interact with it's DLL and then this DLL calls the various Windows API functions and some internal code to carry out the requested action.

in registry you must tell where "d2kwutil" is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle\D2KWUTIL60_PATH" or use "win_api_preload.set_load_loc(directory where d2kwutil is);"

Then it is easy:
-for username "Win_Api_Environment.Get_Windows_Username;" -for_directory "Win_Api_Environment.Get_Windows_Directory;"

all the information is in the help file...

Boris