Re: DBA privilege for Security Team

From: Fleury Marcel <marcel.fleury_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 8 Oct 2002 23:36:27 -0700

mngong_at_yahoo.com (michael ngong) wrote in message news:<ecf365d5.0210070334.6188fe22_at_posting.google.com>...
> mngong_at_yahoo.com (michael ngong) wrote in message news:<ecf365d5.0210030801.4b7c8601_at_posting.google.com>...
> > marcel.fleury_at_bluewin.ch (Fleury Marcel) wrote in message news:<f18358b2.0209300827.7ae20c5a@posting.google.com>...
> > > Hello,
> > > Could you advice me if it reasonable to grant DBA privilege to the
> > > persons of the security team ?
> > > If not what kind of privileges do we can grant to these persons
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Marcel
> >
> > If I know what you expect these guys to monitor I will be of some help
> If whoever is going to make the security checks needs just to be able
> to view and query database stuff select from tables then the user
> should be granted create session(to be able to get into the database)
> and select any table(to be able to find whatever needs to be verified)
> only
> > Michael Tubuo Ngong

Thank you very much Michael.

What do you mind about the following situation : Until now one of the tasks our DBA's is to create Database accounts. From a security point of view is it recommanded that this task have to be take in charge by a member of the Security Team (as it is already do with OS accounts)

Marcel Fleury Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 08:36:27 CEST

Original text of this message