Re: Need info on missing odbc32.dll for install of Oracle 8i

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2002 11:02:53 -0700

Gloria,

%SomeValue% sign means that I am referring to a DOS variable. This
means that,
C:\> set test=SomeValue
C:\> echo %test% will give me value of test variable which in this case is SomeValue.
%SYSTEMROOT% means that I am referring to system root directory on
your machine. Which probably is C:\WINNT.

My Suggestion:

Before doing anything with Oracle or ODBC etc, You should learn more about your Operating system. This means OS File system, OS Architecture, Environment variables, System/User paths etc.

Unless you have medium to advanced knowledge of your OS, It will be very difficult to Install and learn Oracle. Oracle is not like MS Word/Excel where you can just point and click without any prior OS knowledge. First learn all the basics i.e. OS, RDBMS etc before moving on to something bigger.

You can find plenty of Online help and books on this subject matter.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 20:02:53 CEST

Original text of this message