Need info on missing odbc32.dll for install of Oracle 8i

From: Gloria L. McMillan <glomc_at_DakotaCom.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 15:16:56 -0700

I write below that the help that was offered did not allow me to see where (if anywhere this elusive odbc32.dll file could be found.)

I am afraid that I need a bit more detailed guidance to either "patch" or add the
missing odbc32.dll file that will allow the executable odcad32.exe to run.

I hope someone can explain in slightly more detail...?

Thanks,

Gloria

I looked at the page, but the help there still baffles me, Tom.

I am only trying to install this software, but don't know if I have the components it
says must go with the ODBC driver or not. I installed only the client or basic
user
package off the CD.

I do not know if this included the three comonents below:

To access Oracle data, the following components are required:

 Should be      The ODBC Driver for Oracle
?                    An Oracle RDBMS database
 Yes               Oracle Client Software

Is an Oracle RDBMS database something I would have installed in the basic user
client of a CD for 8i?

It doesn't say where I can get this needed file called odbc32.dll.

I assume that one of the patches mentioned here may contain the bug-fix I need,
but
I couldn't access them from the web.

Could you help me get the patch for WIN 98 and Oracle 8i CD version?

To download the Oracle software patches

     1.Connect to the public FTP site at oracle-ftp.oracle.com. The user ID is

       "anonymous" and the password is your e-mail address.
     2.Navigate to the following directory:
       /server/wgt_tech/server/windowsNT.
     3.To download patches most relevant for Windows 95, Windows 98 and
       Windows NT/Windows 2000, navigate to the subdirectory for your
       version of Oracle—7.3 or 8.0. The two subdirectories are
/73patchsets
       and /80patchsets.
     4.To download patches for Oracle's network technology, either
       SQL*Net or Net8, navigate to the following directory: /network.

Thanks! Gloria Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 00:16:56 CEST

Original text of this message