Re: JDBC and Oracle

From: Matthias Kampmann <matthias.kampmann_at_uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 12:39:13 +0200

I don't think the customer exactly know what they want and what is realistic. I have the hundrets queries think from my boss. Do you can guess how much short queries which short results are possible from JDBC on a big Oracle DB on a fast Unix machine?
Yes, I am thinking on the precompiled PL/SQL procedures in the DB. It's new for me that I can write them also in Java...Do you have a advice where I can look for this? (I'm in the planning phase)
Do you know if a realtime generator for Oracle PL/SQL procedures exists, so that I generate them from Java in realtime.
Or is there at least some kind of non-realtime generator for PL/SQL, so i must not do the shitty PL/SQL coding...
Optimizing the Oracle DB is a difficult thing cause its a big company with a big DB. I guess optimizing their DB belongs to their system administrators. But I will discuss this with them if they wants much more speed.

Matthias