Re: Newbie question: generic table browsing/editing web application available?

From: Marc van Waardenburg <marc_at_vanwaardenburg.nl>
Date: 28 Sep 2002 12:50:21 -0700

odd.morten.sveas_at_accenture.com (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Odd_Morten_Sve=E5s?=) wrote in message news:<4306a83.0209260843.1906314b_at_posting.google.com>...
> marc_at_vanwaardenburg.nl (Marc van Waardenburg) wrote in message news:<55c2beda.0209260155.30839835_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Is there any simple generic web application available that lets users
> > browse and edit data in Oracle (8i) tables?
> >
> > Any user with sufficient access should be able to log into the
> > database, select a table (or view), browse through the records and
> > insert, update or delete any records. Maybe with enhanced features
> > like filtering, sorting et cetera.
> >
> > Any suggegestions?
> >
> > Tia,
> >
> > Marc.
>
> Does it have to be an web application???
>
> If not I will highly recomand TOAD from QUEST Software. It can do all
> that you spesified and a lot more.

Yes, it is required to be a web application. What I think of is some generic (free or open) source code in a PL/SQL stored procedure that runs via an Apache http server connected to the Oracle database. This generic source code should generate specific form code (in HTML) from a chosen table or view (chosen from SYSTABLES or SYSVIEWS) together with browse/insert/edit/update/delete buttons and then run it.

I should say this is such a generic request someone must have written it somewhere/somtime?

Marc. Received on Sat Sep 28 2002 - 21:50:21 CEST

Original text of this message