Re: JDBC and Oracle

From: Thomas Kellerer <no_address_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:53:14 GMT

aslak_at_poppe.net
> Oracles JDBC driver is pretty fast.
> But what you may consider when you have that many querys, is to implement a
> chaching mechanism for objects containg the results. I think Oracle have
> that, or you could use something like poolman for connection pooling and
> object chaching.
> That may speed up things.

I don't think that Oracle's JDBC drivers are pretty fast. I have converted a database application from PowerBuilder to Java/Swing. While the speed is nearly the same with MS SQL Server, it is about 2-3 times slower with Oracle's JDBC drivers. I haven't tested the JDBC driver from INET for Oracle yet (but MS's JDBC driver is about the same speed as the INET driver)

Thomas Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 09:53:14 CEST

Original text of this message