ORA 12571:TNS packet Writer failure

From: GNAK <Chacal_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 05:55:35 -0700

Hello,

In a process of migrating applications from Windows 95 to windows 2000, we are coming with a problem with an access 2000 database on windows 2000 containing linked tables to an Oracle database.

The Access application generates 11 queries. The queries are launched one after the other to generate Excel files. Sometimes no error happens and everything is fine. Most of the times however Access comes out with an Oracle error 12571: TNS Packet Writer Failure.

What is strange is that is does not always happen with the same query. Also, the same queries work fine when launched one by one. And the application works just fine when launched from a Windows 95 computer.

We are using Microsoft Access SP2 on Windows 2000 SP3. Oracle Drivers are ORACLE 8.1.7.2.1 with latest odbc Drivers (8.1.7.7.0).

If anybody had any clue about this error we would really appreciate.

Thx a lot. Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 14:55:35 CEST

Original text of this message