Re: Another newbie question

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2002 22:21:03 -0700

"Ognjen Antonic" <ogo_at_ogo.homeip.net> wrote in message news:<YP0k9.2112$EM5.72135_at_news.siol.net>...
> Yes, personal edition works on Windows 98. The "real" Oracle database is of
> course available only on NT based Windows operating systems.
> I was biased, because I never used or even considered to use personal
> edition of Oracle. I was too spoiled and I used the "real" thing, even when
> developing and testing some stuff on my personal workstation. Of course, if
> you can not choose any other OS than Win98, Oracle PE is OK, just do not use
> it for production :) .
>
> Regards,
>
> Ognjen Antonic - Ogo

Oracle Personal Edition, as the name suggests, is for personal trial use with *one* user license.

> just do not use it for production :) .

I would seriously doubt the sanity of anyone trying to a) Host any enterprise application on Win9x let alone Oracle and b) Trying to use Oracle Personal Edition in production environment thus violating Oracle license agreements.

/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 07:21:03 CEST

Original text of this message