Re: Server name and version

From: Odd Morten Sveås <odd.morten.sveas_at_accenture.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 17:45:59 -0700

"Jul" <Julia.Sats_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<BYvi9.5005$Ox4.1384878_at_news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Hi,
> I can get name of current user using SELECT USER FROM DUAL.
>
> How can I get SID name from such string : scott/tiger_at_serverSID
> and version of DB?

The version kan be obtained from the view v_$version.

I think it wil give you 4 or 5 lines, whith the different versons of the different part of the database.

The "table" DUAL sure don't have a column named USER. And I dont reconice it as a public function ither.

I think you kan do this by USER_ENV() , but I dont recal what parameters you should use. Received on Sat Sep 21 2002 - 02:45:59 CEST

Original text of this message