Optimizer question

From: dkrpata1 <dkrpata1_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 01:06:14 GMT

Let's see how much dirt this brings up.

Here's the situtation. We have a SQL statement that we force a hint on, but there are no statistics in the database. Let's even say there's another database that's the same way. From what I've read the docs say if you force a hint, then it will use the CBO, but since there are no statistics how does it figure the execution path to take. What assumptions, and are they documented anywhere (I have looked for about a day now) that the CBO will use. And why if it really does, would we see different execution paths for 2 databases, both with no statistics that were collected on them. Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 03:06:14 CEST

Original text of this message