Re: Scheduling Batch jobs in NT

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2002 07:57:27 -0700

ammu73_at_yahoo.com (Shanthi) wrote in message news:<fce79f43.0209131211.1b2846c4_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to schedule a Oracle SQL batch job on an NT machine. I am
> not sure how I can write the batch job and schedule it too. What I
> want is to write a batch job to call a particular SQL script and
> execute it. The results need to be spooled to a text file. It would be
> great if I can have the result file emailed to me too. Once the batch
> job is written, how can I schedule it to run on NT? I have written
> shell scripts to run jobs on Unix crons. I dont know how to write
> batch jobs to run on NT. Thanks for all your help.
>
> -Shanthi

You can use NT scheduler. If you don't like it's limitations, there is a UNIX-like path: you can download cron for NT from the internet. You can also download bunch of UNIX-like utilities and shell, which actually allows you to wright scripts almost like on UNIX machines. Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 16:57:27 CEST

Original text of this message