Re: straight forward Oracle unix web solution sought

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:24:47 +0200

Oracle's mod_plsql is the Apache module that allows execution of PL/SQL stored procedures. mod_plsql comes with Oracle HTTP Server bundled with 8.1.6 and newer and Oracle9i Application Server.

You should seriously consider using PL/SQL Server Pages (PSP) instead of writing PL/SQL Servlets using the PL/SQL Web Toolkit. Why? Because you can design your pages visually, which isn't possible with PL/SQL Servlets. In case you're interested, you can access my presentation, demos, and white paper on PL/SQL Web application development from OracleWorld 2002 Copenhagen at
http://www.changegroup.biz/en/events_archive.psp?event=OracleWorld2002CPH.

HTH. Finn