Re: Horrible Install Woes with Oracle 9iASR2 - Please help

From: unknown <nobody_at_blackhole.nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:48:34 +0200

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:15:19 +0200, Evan K Friis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've spent the past three days trying to install Oracle 9iASR2 on Suse
> Linux Pro 7.3. I've been using the Suse RPM that sets all the
> enviroment variables and kernel parameters, and have checked that those
> are ok. I've added the extra swap space, and all the users are correct,
> etc. However, when it is linking at the end, I always get the "Error in
> installing the target makefile" for pl_sql.mk, and the rest of the make
> files. I have tried do to the gencltsh fix, in removing the "-z defs"
> from the LD_CONTAINER thing, and rebuilding the libraries. That does
> not work. I have also tried the Suse fix of adding -lgcc
> -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/' at the end of the line that
> starts with SYSLIBS in teh genclntsh file. That too, does not work. Any
> suggestions? I'm about ready to kidnap whoever made this damn universal
> installer at gun point and make them install this damn thing. And while
> I do love festering in front of the machine swapping disks, I would
> greatly appreciate any help any of you guys could give me.
>
> Thanks,
> Evan

Aw, come on. I installed it twice each on SuSE SLES7 and Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1.

THE ONLY DISTRIBUTIONS CERTIFIED FOR R2. http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/ias/files/20_certification.html

Installation on my 1GB RAM laptop took 1:55 hours and was a breeze.

If your gas burner won't brew coffee, who are you going to complain to? ;-)

--
Cheers,

dmz17 --- If I had an Xbox it would run Linux ---