Re: Horrible Install Woes with Oracle 9iASR2 - Please help

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2002 13:25:28 -0700

In article <68d33765.0209100815.1c7d214d_at_posting.google.com>, efriis_at_ucsd.edu says...

>Hello,
>
>I've spent the past three days trying to install Oracle 9iASR2 on Suse
>Linux Pro 7.3. I've been using the Suse RPM that sets all the
>enviroment variables and kernel parameters, and have checked that
>those are ok. I've added the extra swap space, and all the users are
>correct, etc. However, when it is linking at the end, I always get
>the "Error in installing the target makefile" for pl_sql.mk, and the
>rest of the make files. I have tried do to the gencltsh fix, in
>removing the "-z defs" from the LD_CONTAINER thing, and rebuilding the
>libraries. That does not work. I have also tried the Suse fix of
>adding -lgcc -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/' at the end of
>the line that starts with SYSLIBS in teh genclntsh file. That too,
>does not work. Any suggestions? I'm about ready to kidnap whoever
>made this damn universal installer at gun point and make them install
>this damn thing. And while I do love festering in front of the
>machine swapping disks, I would greatly appreciate any help any of you
>guys could give me.
>
>Thanks,
>Evan
Have you checked the log file? That should give you some idea about what is going on.

                                       Rick

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.