Re: SQLNet conflict

From: Ban Spam <ban-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 23:36:47 GMT

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com> wrote in news:iVue9.340950$me6.39260_at_sccrnsc01:

> That should be fine. the IP addresses or host names in the tnsnames
> files will be diffferent (hence you will also have to refer to them
> with different names.)
> Jim
> "Tim Smith" <timasmith_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Hi,
>>   We have a live database and a backup database which we wish to run
>> concurrently on two seperate Solaris servers - but with the same SID.
>>
>>   When we started the listener on the backup server there were
>> problems with the listener on the live server.  This is Oracle 8.0.4
>>
>>   Can the problems be avoided by moving the backup server onto a
>> seperate subnet - is there some kind of broadcast which looks for
>> conflicting instances?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> Tim

Alternatively one of the following should work.

  1. Run a listener on each of the two systems.

(I do this where both the "production" DB & the development DB have the same SID.)

2) Have the backup server use a different port#.

HTH & YMMV HAND! Received on Sun Sep 08 2002 - 01:36:47 CEST

Original text of this message