Re: deinstallation of oracle 8.1.7

From: unknown <nobody_at_blackhole.nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 17:20:55 +0200

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:25:25 +0200, Laura Pucci wrote:

> I install oracle 8.1.7 on a pentium IV.To do this I copy the cd on a
> temporary folder on my server, I rename the dll symcjit.dll and then I
> start the oracle universal installer from the setup on the folder. This
> work right, so I made the installation on two nodes of the cluster in
> the same way. Now I need to remove the oracle product, so I copy again
> the contents of the cd in a temporary folder only on node1( after
> installation I cancel it for problem of free space on node 1). I renamed
> again the dll and I start the oui from folder on node1(version of oui
> 1.7.1.9.0). The setup start normally but when I click on "installed
> product" or on "deinstall product", the window keep open for long time..
> and I cannot make anything else. I tried to make the same thing on node2
> where I did not remove the temporary folder but also on it, I cannot
> deinstall the product neither do anything else. Have You got any idea?
> Thank you.
>

> Laura Puccica

I believe that otn.oracle.com has a few hints about creating a 'clean' machine, aka a machine with no Oracle on it. On a real operating system this is as easy as remove something like /opt/oracle/* and /etc/oratab and /etc/oraInst.loc and /usr/local/bin/oraenv dbhome coraenv.

Take you 2-3 minutes. On Windows you need to manually edit the Registry and simply remove all keys connected to something called ora*.

--
Cheers,

dmz17 --- If I had an Xbox it would run Linux ---