Advanced Queuing: ORA-25215 user_data type and queue type do not match

From: Tomasz Romanowski <tromanow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2002 13:56:47 -0700

Here is what I'm doing on Solaris 8 with Oracle 9i.

  1. In the database I create the object type for the queue payload, the queue table, and the queues.
  2. Using OTT compiler generate the *.h file containing the C-representation of the oracle and the *.inp file. The *.inp file is passed as additional input to PROC when compiling the *.pc file containing enqueue/dequeue operations.
  3. Compile the application, run-it, works fine.

Now if I create all the relevant queue objects in another database and attempt to run the application against this one, the behaviour is somewhat inconsistent. When attempting to enqueue/dequeue in 1 out of ten cases I get this error "ORA-25215 User data_type and queue type do not match".

Any ideas? Does it sound like an Oracle bug in AQ? Received on Wed Sep 04 2002 - 22:56:47 CEST

Original text of this message