Schema installation tools

From: Pasi Parkkonen <pasi_at_eigenvalue.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:56:25 +0300

Hi!

I'm wondering what tools you use for generating scripts from your database. I need to do customer installations into bigger Oracle servers, so I will need good scripts.

I have used Toad & my own script generators (SQL*Plus scripts) but they both have problems.. Toad makes errors and well.. SQL*Plus ain't perfect... ;)

So - what do you use for getting *everything* into script form:
-Tables
-Table constraints (+ references)
-Table data (in correct order when references present!)
-Sequences (set to correct value!)
-Synonyms
-Procedures & Functions
-Triggers

I'm not looking for the most "heavy" software, lightweight tool is cool :)

Also - ER capabilities plus, not must.

Thanks,
  Pasi Parkkonen Received on Tue Sep 03 2002 - 08:56:25 CEST

Original text of this message