OCIEnvNLSCreate() questions

From: Alexander Kuznetsov <Alexander.Kuznetsov_at_marshmc.com>
Date: 3 Sep 2002 11:44:55 -0700

Hi all,
we have a 9i database with charachter set US7ASCII. We need to store strings in all European languages, including Greek and Cyrillic, in NVARCHAR2 columns. We plan to store language setting for a particular column/row in an additional column of type NUMBER. Assuming one session deals with one language, we'd like to use OCIEnvNLSCreate()
but we have no idea how to set the last two parameters, ub2 charset,
ub2 ncharset);
For example, we'd like to set charset = US7ASCII, ncharset=RU8BESTA apparently there is no *.h file defining US7ASCII, ub2 is defined as unsigned short in oratypes.h

Please explain what an I missing. We'd be most thankful for a complete example.

TIA
Alexander Received on Tue Sep 03 2002 - 20:44:55 CEST

Original text of this message