Oracle Lite SnapShot Question

From: Vinod Kumar <vinod_kumar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Aug 2002 09:51:21 -0700

Hi All,
I am using Oracle lite for a desk top application which has to replicate data to an Oracle server.
But before the replication was setup, I created the tables necessary on Oracle lite and users have started using the app with the local data. Now I need to connect to the server and create snapshots.

Question 1) What do I need to do to create those snapshots and keep my existing local tables intact. When I create snapshots does it create tables with the snapshot name. I that case what do I need to do to keep my existing tables?

Question 2)Once snapshots are created is there any way to delete the snapshots and tables with out connecting to the server. On some trail conditions I have seen that deleting snapshots and snapshot related tables needed to connect to the server. Will deleting the snapshots unethically mess up snapshot logs on the server?

Thanks in Advance
Vinod Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 18:51:21 CEST

Original text of this message