Re: programatically set a Radio Button Value in Forms 6i

From: Adam Hapworth <hap_at_mikomi.org>
Date: 23 Aug 2002 18:28:47 -0700

hband_at_csc.com (Hilary Band) wrote in message news:<5b489863.0208230713.3cd4c198_at_posting.google.com>...
> hap_at_mikomi.org (Adam Hapworth) wrote in message news:<a6cb04db.0208221334.4ec43dc2_at_posting.google.com>...
> > I have been looking around and I can't seem to figure out how to set
> > the "radio button value" programatically. What I want to do is this.
> > I have a user they enter in up to 5 state abrevations in item boxes.
> > Then they press a button for the work to a request to be sent. When
> > the request comes back I want to have the radio buttons label and
> > value be for each of the 5 states they entered. I have already
> > changed the label but I can not figure out how to change the value. I
> > have tried set_radio_button_property('group','button',value,'foo');
> > and that fails. Also tried to set it like :block.group.button :=
> > 'foo'; and that did not work either. How can I set the value for a
> > radio button on the fly.
>

> The short answer is you can't. By the sounds of things, radio buttons
> aren't really the best way of displaying the info you want anyway
> (radio buttons are generally used to display mutually exclusive
> values, ie you can select only one of them). Maybe text/display items
> or possibly even a list item are the way to go?
>
> Hope this helps

Wow, One would figure that if you can change anything you could change the value. What I have is a tab canvas that I wanted to use the radio buttons to modify the query to get the desired results back so the user can just click the radio button and get the results they expected on the tab pages. Well time to look for another solution.

Adam Received on Sat Aug 24 2002 - 03:28:47 CEST

Original text of this message