How do I implement Multi-Lang Sort orders from same database?

From: John Kane <jdkane_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:37:15 -0400

Hi,
We have one Oracle database that contains French characters, as well as numerous other languages.

Of course the English records that are SORTed appear in the right order because they don't contain French accented characters. However when we display the French version, the accented characters are not sorted how we want them to be. (Notice the first and last entries in the following French list -- we want them to appear together.)

How might we specify ordering on a per-language (or per-request basis to the Oracle database), instead of changing the whole database over to one charset or another?

Thanks.
-- John Received on Thu Aug 22 2002 - 16:37:15 CEST

Original text of this message