Re: Experience

From: Christopher Boyle <cboyle_at_hargray.dot.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:10:34 -0400

The typical path seems to be 2-3 years as a developer then move into a DBA role. Install oracle at home. Then uninstall it and read the installation guide and install it correctly. Tune it, back it up, break it, fix it. The OCP indicates you can pass a multiple choice test , not that you should be administering a database. Certified != Qualified.