Oracle - Out of process memory

From: Johnny Yeung <johnny.yeung_at_unforgettable.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2002 00:20:13 -0700

Hi all,

I am working on Oracle database for a while. Recently, I met a strange problem in the database.

When I issue a SELECT statement in Oracle connected via MTS (i.e. i login as username/password_at_connectString), I got the following error: ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 229432 bytes (callheap,kllcqas:kllsltba)

However, if I use IPC mode (i.e no connection string, just login as username/password), I don't have any errors on issuing the SELECT statement.

The SQL statement is:
select distinct street_h, STREET_SEQ from building group by bldg_h, estate_h, street_h, district_e, area_e, STREET_SEQ having (1=1) and district_e = 'CHAI WAN' and area_e = 'HKG' ORDER BY STREET_SEQ;

To give a clear picture on my system configuration, here it is: Database: Oracle 8.1.6.3.1
Oracle connection with typical client: Using MTS shared servers Hardware: Compaq Tru64 Unix
Unix version: Digital UNIX V4.0F (Rev. 1229)

Does anybody meet such kind of problem before? And how to resolve it?  Any further information I need to give? Any advice on this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Johnny.
Email: johnny.yeung_at_unforgettable.com Received on Thu Aug 15 2002 - 09:20:13 CEST

Original text of this message