Database Refresh Procedure

From: John Bossert <jbossert_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:48:09 GMT

I need to frequently refresh my development and staging databases with production data. If anyone has a script to do this, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Alternatively, I believe I could just write a script that:

  1. disables constraints (on target DB)
  2. truncates the tables (on target DB)
  3. imports the source data (to target DB, from source DB)
  4. enables constraints (on target DB)

Am I leaving out anything obvious? Thanks.

--
John Bossert

In what concerns you much, do not think that you
have companions: know that you are alone in the world.

             -- Henry David Thoreau