OCI linking on HP-UX

From: frank.n <frank.nicolai_at_firemail.de>
Date: 15 Aug 2002 07:39:00 -0700

I have the following problem:

I have a hp-ux-application using oracle oci. Therefore i have linked the lib libclntsh.sl (a link to libclntsh.sl.8.0) to the application. The application on runtime searches not for the link libclntsh.sl, but for libclntsh.sl.8.0. On some systems are only libs libclntsh.sl.1.0?
Now we have the problem: on some systems (e.g. my system with oracle client 8.1.7, hp-ux 11, one system of our customer with oracle client 8.1.7, hp-ux 11, one system with oracle client 8.0.6, hp-ux 10.20 ) on another system ( one system with oracle client 8.0.6, hp-ux 10.20 ) the application fails with coredump on oci function call.

What can i do, test, make?
Which is the right way to create a portable binary for different oracle client versions? Received on Thu Aug 15 2002 - 16:39:00 CEST

Original text of this message