Re: OCP certification - 8i or 9i ?

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 07:33:38 -0700

pramod_at_rtimes.com (Pramod Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<6616e304.0208060207.9987da2_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to pursue a career in Oracle administration. Even though
> I am fairly experienced in SQL and PL/SQL, I have little experience
> with administration. How good are the prospects in this area ? Now
> about certification, should I go for a training programme in some
> authorized training centre or go for self learning ? I have a doubt
> about the 9i certification - it is sometimes heard that I can pursue
> the OCP certification only from a training centre as Oracle is winding
> up its certification programme for self learners by the end of the
> year. Also is it said that Oracle would be winding up 8i certification
> exams as well and only 9i certification exams would be there.
>
> Anybody have any idea regarding these ?
>
> TIA
>
> Pramod Ramachandran

Are you working already?If you are then learning your stuff by yourself may be the way to go.At the same time there are a lot of variables in the equation .
Is some one ready to pay for you?
Is it possible to switch on the same job? Would your job allow a switch if you have proof of new skills? If you have the resources and intend to look fora job esewhere then it may be a plus otherwise stay with home school.As said earlier the equation can only be balanced when all the variables are put on the scale
HTH
Michael Tubuo Ngong Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 16:33:38 CEST

Original text of this message