Intermedia Catalog Indexing

From: Richard <richard_at_stoparczyk.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:53:19 -0400

I just got hit with the requirement to have dynamic indexing on text strings (for real time post and look up) and was wondering if anyone has experience with InterMedia 81.7 and the Catalog indexing.

My scenario is a text column, reverse sort on date on results, and the text column typically has 200 characters in it.

The part that scares me is that at the end of the year I will have a two month period where my user community of 35k+ will be pounding the system as they get there year ends in via the web.

I have used Context indexing previously but I cannot be altering the index every transaction.

Does anyone have experience they can share, horror stories, or alternatives?

Thanks,

Richard. Received on Mon Aug 05 2002 - 02:53:19 CEST

Original text of this message