Re: IBM LDAP licesning?

From: Nathan Owen <nathan.owen_at_octetstring.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 15:12:25 -0400

One alternative is OctetString's (http://www.octetstring.com) embedded LDAP Directory, VDE. VDE was designed from the ground up to be embedded in 3rd party commercial applications requiring standards based repositories for authentication, authorization, and personalization. VDE is a pure Java based LDAP directory available on Win32, Solaris, Linux, HP/UX, AIX, and Mac OS X platforms.

You can find OctetString's embedded LDAP directory server in products such as BEA WebLogic Server 7.0 and Pramati's J2EE Application Server among others.

--Nathan