Re: simple yet confusing 8i client issue

From: Alex Ivascu <alex_at_ivascu.comNOSPAM>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 02:54:13 GMT

It sounds like those clients have P4 machines. If that's the case, there is a workaround for this.

  1. Create a temporary directory on your server/client.
  2. Copy the contents of the Oracle RDBMS Client CD to the temporary directory created in step 1.
  3. Search the directory structure created in step 1 for the existence of the filename symcjit.dll.
  4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
  5. Run the setup.exe, again.

Hope this helps.

Alex Ivascu