Backing up Databases

From: JohnWood <jwood_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:58:50 GMT

Hi,

I am looking for advice what to use for backuping an Oracle database.

I was planning to use the Oracle's Export Utility to create an .exp file. Then using window2000's backup utility to backup the .exp file to a Compaq DLT Tape. But as the database may grow to a 100 to 200G of data, it is not feasible to purchase 3 more 72G drive to hold the exp file (I have no idea how big the export file will be yet). I prefer to export or backup to the DLT tape directly from Oracle. The DLT tape have a capacity of 40G or 80G.

Please advise what software or setup I can do to achieve this.

Thanks. Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 03:58:50 CEST

Original text of this message