Re: job market for oracle developers?

From: Christopher Boyle <cboyle_at_hargray.dot.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:09:39 -0400

> Another thing I'm considering is just sticking to Project Management. If
> can code PL/SQL and UNIX (which I will be able to do shortly) along with
 my
> knowledge of HTML, JavaScript and CSS I could be very "hands-on" indeed :)

Please rethink that sentence. I have dealt with a project manager who thought they should be hands on. It was a disaster. If you are going to write code,be a developer. If you are going to be a manager, do not try to compete with your developers who work with code everyday and do not enjoy having to take the time to explain "how did you do that" to a manager with 1 or 2 years experience with the language. PM should be a full time position not an add on unless you really want to see the project sprial out of control. Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 14:09:39 CEST

Original text of this message