Time to become competent DBA

From: Scott Doughty <scott.doughty_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2002 04:54:43 -0700

My company is reviewing its database support arrangements for its Oracle Financials application (8i on HP-UX). One option is for me to do it. I've done the Enterprise DBA 1A (Architecture & Administration) Course but haven't had the opportunity to work on Oracle since, spent a year writing reports using SQL*Plus and PL/SQL, have got a Linux network up and running at home and build and maintain applications with MS SQL Server back ends. With the appropriate support from my firm, what is a realistic timeframe for me to become a competent DBA? Any useful sources of information will also be gratefully received.

Thanks
Scott Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 13:54:43 CEST

Original text of this message