Interesting_select_question

From: nino <ninoslav.cerkez_at_in2.hr>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:03:51 +0200

Hi everybody,
i have an interesting 'select' question:

Introduction to problem:

Let's say we have a table t with column id, date and price. Customer does not enter values during the weekend and holidays. Of course, we know when the weekend days are, but we don't know (generally) when holidays are. During these 'non-working' days we take that the price is the price of last working day (friday- for weekends and some other day for holidays).

Problem:

The task is to make a view which shows all dates for all days (and non working days!)
and the prices for these days, as it is explained in introduction. Of course, the problem is pretty easy to solve with plsql. However, does anyone has idea for sql solution?

The best regards,
Nino Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 20:03:51 CEST

Original text of this message