Errors in Generic Connectivity using ODBC

From: Nisch <oranisch_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 23:23:09 -0700

Dear All,

        I am using Generic connectivity to link to a kerridge database
(proprietary database in unix), that takes care of our automotive application. This is done to extract data to our data marts running on Oracle 9.0.1.

        I have created the database link. When I query a table having rows in it, I get the following error:

SQL> select * from mk_00_companypositions_at_krdge;

select * from mk_00_companypositions_at_krdge

ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC][Kerridge][KISAM ODBC Driver][KISAM]internal : expr unknown fn (SQL State: S1000; SQL Code: 2175)
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from KRDGE

But when I use the same ODBC driver and connect to kerridge using MS Access, I am able to do it without any errors.

Whereas when I query table with no records in it I am able to do it.

SQL> select * from mk_00_hobbycodes_at_krdge;

CODE DESC_

----- ------------------------------

Also I am able to create a table for the table having no records in it:

SQL> create table hobbycodes as select * From mk_00_hobbycodes_at_krdge;

Table created

SQL> desc hobbycodes
Name Type Nullable Default Comments ----- ------------ -------- ------- --------

CODE  VARCHAR2(5)  Y
DESC_ VARCHAR2(30) Y

SQL>  What I fail to understand is that, if this was the limitation of the ODBC driver, this works fine with MS Access. Also the link is active as I am able to create table with no rows in it. I am using KISAM 32 bit Driver ver. 6.00.32.8190

 Kindly Help, please provide your views on this. Every input will be valuable. Please mark a copy to my email id.

TIA,
Regards,
 Nischal Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 08:23:09 CEST

Original text of this message