creating a database

From: Christopher Pisz <nospam_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:18:40 GMT

Hiyas,

    I am new obvioulsy. Taking a class on oracle and trying to work at home. I figure to do my assignments I need to create a database. I am using 8i Personel Ed currently. I start the configuration assistant and hit create new database and next through all the windows. It starts creating but seems to sit at 9% for hours. Why does it take so long, what exactly is it doing that takes 100% of my processing
power and all my available memory? I assumed it just had to create a few empty files, some init information, and make a few registry entries. Is there a way to speed this up? Any settings that I should change from the defaults? This is literally a fall asleep and check on it in the morning process so far :( Thanx,

    Christopher Received on Fri Jul 12 2002 - 11:18:40 CEST

Original text of this message