Re: Where can I download Perl DBI?

From: Adam Hapworth <hap_at_mikomi.org>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 10:51:26 -0700

"David Simpson" <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net> wrote in message news:<iHCW8.129952$Uu2.28961_at_sccrnsc03>...
> Ram,
>
> Since you are using Activestate Perl on Windows, you can make use of the
> Perl Package Manager built in by Activestate.
>
> ppm help - will give you help information for using ppm
> ppm query - tells you what you have installed already
> ppm install dbi - fetches and installs Perl DBI from Activestates web site
> ppm install dbd-oracle - fetches and installs the Perl DBD module for Oracle
>
> (You will need both the DBI and the DBD-Oracle modules.)
> Alternately, you could go to cpan.org to get the software - but it would
> take a little longer to search around, find and install than the procedure I
> showed above using ppm.
>
> David Simpson
> www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net
>
> "Ram" <Ramakrishnan.Rangarajan_at_nationalcity.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone give me pointers to download Perl DBI for Windows 95 and
> > connecting to oracle 8i database?
> >
> > I tried www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI but this link doesnt
> > have the download option anymore.
> >
> > thanks
> > Ram

There is also the CPAN module for Perl which will get and install packages for you. This would be used for mainly non ActiveState Perl distrbutions. Go to http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=CPAN to check it out. That will basically give you a shell interface to say "install DBI" and then it would find a miror and install it for you. It is nice.

Adam Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 19:51:26 CEST

Original text of this message