call an arbitrary operating system command from PL/SQL

From: REM <ilica.brnadic_at_zg.hinet.hr>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:31:38 +0200

I am tring to call an arbitrary operating system command from PL/SQL, and so enables the calling of shell scripts, or other commands from Oracle store procedure. When, I call extern C routine I get message that: PL/SQL procedure successfully completed, but nothing hapend on system??? Procedure is really simple, only call system command:  DECLARE  cmd varchar2(200);

 BEGIN  cmd := '/bin/touch /tmp/xxx';

 execute_cmd(cmd);
 dbms_output.put_line('cmd '|| cmd);

 END; with regards

ilica

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 21:31:38 CEST

Original text of this message