Prototyping with or without Oracle

From: Jacky Luk <luckie_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:35:25 +0800

My boss requires me to build a barcode system to add value to our service we provide (Engineering warehouses for logistics company) . This application needs massive database operations and requires Oracle or SQL Server as backends and some middle tier parts. But Oracle is so expensive, so I intend to write a prototype of the barcode system that uses Access instead of Oracle. Does anyone know the code can straight port to the client's production machine that uses Oracle? Or is there a cheaper version of Oracle that facilitates the construction of prototype software? Thanks
Jack

--
Always wear a grin on your face :)

Mr. Jacky Luk