Re: Inner join ?

From: Jurriaan Themmen <j.themmen_at_draka.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 07:37:19 +0200

Daniel,

I wasn't hired as an Oracle developer indeed. I'm a marketeer. The reason I'm creating and running my own queries is that we have an understaffed IT-department. Since my department has a lot of questions and I know a little about databases, I'm trying to help myself in order not to stress my friends in IT. I've got quite some experience with MS Access and SQL server, but Oracle is a whole new ballgame to me.

The solutions you suggested was much the same as what I'd come up with myself, but I turned to the newsgroup because performance was so slow. I questioned myself as to wether I'd used the right dialect and wondered if anyone could show me a trick that I didn't know yet. I know I have A LOT to learn about Oracle yet, but with some help from my friends, I think we'll get there. Things like DBMS_STATS and EXPLAIN PLAN sound like Greek to me. Are they any way comparable to the query analyzer in SQL server ?

Any way, no offence taken and I wish all the Yanks out there a happy july 4th!

Jurriaan

P.S. Charlie Edwards: thanks for the support Received on Thu Jul 04 2002 - 07:37:19 CEST

Original text of this message