Re: using UTL_FILE to copy tables from one instance to another

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:39:14 -0400

... And why do you want to use UTL_FILE to do this? Would you be willing to explain what you are trying to do? What is your OS, db version etc.?

If you are trying to create a schema in a test database from a schema in a prod database, imp/exp would
work excellent. I've never heard of anyone doing this using utl_file .... even in their wildest dreams ...

Anurag