Import error (Users not exist)

From: Weng <weng_at_writeme.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2002 02:21:34 -0700

I have a dmp file exported from Oracle 8i database. At first, I tried to imp it by sys user for full import, and got error reply saying that I must use "DBA_USER" (the one who export the dmp file) to make an import. Then I tried to create that user, give DBA role to it, and use it to import. However, the result saying that some other users doesn't exist, so all the other operations related to those users failed, and terminate the import.

I want to know how I can import a full database successfully? Do I need to create those users before import? What I can do, since I just have the dmp file, and doesn't have any information about username, table, tablespace, etc.

Thank you very much for any help.
Best regards,
Weng Received on Sun Jun 30 2002 - 11:21:34 CEST

Original text of this message